Valentines day interesting video
Interesting facts about valentine’s day
- Richard Cadbury from the Cadbury chocolates family is responsible for the earliest box of Valentine’s Day chocolates. In 1868, he gave chocolates to his beloved in a heart-shaped box. He apparently also made the boxes more unique by using his own paintings to decorate the box lid.
- In Japan, women are expected to give chocolate and other gifts to men on Valentine’s Day. This tradition was started as a marketing campaign by Japanese chocolate companies.
In Victorian times it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine’s Day card.
About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card-sending time of the year
- Men spend almost twice as much on Valentine’s Day as women do.
- More than one-third of men would prefer not receiving a gift. Less than 20% of women feel the same way.
- More at-home pregnancy tests are sold in March than in any other month.
- The popular medieval folk belief that birds choose their mates on February 14 made doves a favorite symbol for Valentine cards. The dove was sacred to Venus and other love deities and was known for choosing a lifelong mate.
- The symbol of the ribbon, which often adorns modern-day Valentines, is rooted in the Middle Ages. When knights competed in tournaments, their sweethearts often gave them ribbons for good luck.
Valentine’s day dress color meaning
Blue Colour – Love applications Invited
Green Colour – I am waiting
Red Colour– Two side, already in love
Black Colour – Rejected proposal
White Colour– Sorry dear, I am already booked
Orange Colour– Going to propose
Pink Colour– Proposal accepted
Grey/Purple Colour – Not interested, better luck next time
Yellow Colour – Broke up ?
Brown Colour – Broken hearts
If you are already engaged or married, don’t wear the blue color as it means that you are totally free and can accept any valentine days proposal. This Valentines Day Dress Color Code are very crucial subject. Because Colors speaks more than us, don’t be in wrong category of color. Happy Valentines Day 2016.
Read our related post about valentine’s day