The Capricorn Personality
You are old, father William, the young man said,
‘And your hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on your head-
Do you think, at your age, it is right?’
Capricorn is the tenth astrological sign in the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Capricornus. It spans the 270–300th degree of the zodiac, corresponding to celestial longitude.
Time period: December 21 – January 19
Ruling planet: Saturn
Lucky Day: Saturday
Lucky Number : 1, 4, 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 22, 26
Lucky Colour: Brown, Steel, Grey, Black
Lucky Stone(s): Dark Sapphire
Lucky Talisman: The Plough
The Positive Traits of Capricorn
The Capricorn born people are the tireless achiever and they are responsible. If you entrust them with some work, be rest assured that it will be completed.
These people are also extremely tolerant and patient, which makes them fabulous family person, as a father, mother, brother and everything else.
Though they are not terribly ambitious, yet if they are decided on a course of action to do certain things, then they are sure to finish that and complete the same.
The Negative Traits of Capricorn
As mentioned earlier also that some of the positive traits of a person can turn negative if too much of the same is practiced. In the case of the Capricorn, the determination becomes stubbornness. They seem stubborn when they are set on their own path from where they will not deviate.
These people being independent are also extremely averse to take instructions from anybody else and that becomes a problem in the course of life.
Being creative is not something which comes easily to a Capricorn and they remain rooted to their own tried and tested views which make them inflexible.
Best Capricorn traits and Characteristics
- Down to earth
- Self disciplined
- Self motivated
- Self sufficient
The Capricorn born people possess a good health usually even in old age but should remain careful about their knees and their bone structure. They are also prone to colds, kidney stones, and digestive problems. Their workaholic tendency may make them self-destructive, and hence, sleep and rest should be made an indispensable part of their to-do list. Although, a Capricorn’s rest period is more like an adventure sport, another place they’d like to stay on top of.
Capricorn Friends and Family
Capricorn is intelligent, stable and reliable, and this makes its representatives loyal and extremely good friends, standing in one’s life as pillars on their way to their dreams. They need to be surrounded by people who don’t ask too many nosy questions, know where boundaries are set, but also warm, open-hearted and loyal enough to follow their lead. They will not collect too many friends in this lifetime but turn to those who make them feel at peace, intelligent and honest at all times.
This is a sign with full understanding for family traditions. Capricorns feel connected to every single thing from their past and their childhood and loves bringing out these memories whenever a season of holidays or birthdays is near. This is a sign of a typical conflict one has over dominance in their household, with their father being and extremely important figure in the way this person built their self-image over the years. As parents they tend to be strict but fair, readily taking on responsibilities that come with a child.
Caps are hard workers and reliable to a fault if such a thing can be said. They like to plan things out methodically to make sure every base is covered, and they always stick with a plan of action until they meet their goals. If Sagittarius is the project initiator, Capricorn will see the job through to completion after Sag has lost interest and moved on.
Capricorns have a healthy respect for authority, but also demand that same respect when they are in charge. They set very high standards for their own performance, and expect exactly the same from co-workers and underlings. This demanding nature can make people of this sign a bit difficult to work with, but that’s not to say they don’t deal fairly with others. Anyone who can live up to Cap’s standards is assured of a measure of success.
If you are thinking of radical ideas, Capricorns are not the ones to help you out! They are deeply rooted in tradition and their love and respect for the same are reflected in their behavior. However, they are known to innovate and ideate around traditional ideas to come up with new perspectives.
Famous Bollywood Capricorns
Known for their hard work and innovation, Bollywood heartthrob Hrithik Roshan and glamorous actress, Deepika Padukone, both Capricorns are a force to reckon with in the industry.
Capricorn Strength Keywords
Capricorn Weakness Keywords
Facts about Capricorn
- Capricorn’s grows in life from the experiences we have encountered, not by lecturing!
- Capricorn is caring people but if you get on their BAD side there aint no returning.
- Capricorn’s may appear to be hardened people who don’t care about much but inside they are sensitive and often romantic.
- Capricorn usually keeps watching and listening rather than responding to what you say.
- Capricorn never stops until the end.
- Capricorn’s are dreamers. However, when they wake up, they become doers to realize those dreams.
- Capricorn’s are great at calling people on their bull shit!
- Capricorn bluntness can be a double edged sword.
- Capricorn people think that they have failed themselves by not fulfilling a goal that had been set.
- Capricorn’s are aware of the walls they build.
- Capricorn ladies hate being co-dependent. They need to do their own shit in order to feel satisfied.
- Capricorn is compassionate as well as sympathetic. They make excellent best friends.
- Capricorn has a unique sense of humor. Not everybody will understand their motives, however, as they are a bit out of the ordinary.
- Capricorn makes long-term friends. They dont do shallow.
- People born under the zodiac sign Capricorn tend to be very materialistic in nature and they value everything on the basis of money
- Capricorn is the most loyal relationship sign.
- Generally speaking, most Capricorn’s put more emphasis on good deeds & achievements than on wealth or power.
- Capricorn has fine taste and chooses only high-quality mates.
- Capricorn’s have few real friends because too few in this world are real enough.
Read about other personalities