Orissa now renamed as Odisha is the land of Lord Jagannath. It’s a beautiful State Full of Ancient Temples, Monuments, Beautiful Beaches, Its Rathyatra.Its Unique language, Unique Classical Dance Odissi are the Uniqueness of the State.We have tried to give as much information for the tourists coming to visit Orissa from India and all over the world.Come visit the sacred land of Odisha.Orissa is the 9th largest state by area in India, and the 11th largest by population. Oriya is the official and most widely spoken language, spoken by three-quarters of the population. Orissa has a relatively unindented coastline and lacked good ports, except for the deepwater facility at Paradip, until the recent launch of the Dhamara Port. The narrow, level coastal strip, including the Mahanadi river delta, supports the bulk of the population.
List of Districts in Odisha
Odisha Districts Map
Odisha Road Map
Odisha Population Map
Odisha Tourist Map
Odisha Tourist Map
Odisha Markat Map
Odisha Forest Map
Odisha Fire Division Map
Odisha Demography Map
Odisha National Highways Map
Odisha Goverment Map
Odisha Mangroves Map
Odisha National and State Highways
Facts About Odisha
Odisha is located on the east coast of India facing the Bay of Bengal. The major facts of Odisha
- Existence: It was created on 1st April 1936 during the British Period. The foundation day of Odisha, also known as Utkala Dibasa, is celebrated every year on the first day of April. The term “Utkala” that appears in ourNational Anthem denotes this region.
- Boundary: Odisha is surrounded by West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh.
- Population: As per Census 2011, the total population of Odisha is 41,947,358. Odisha holds 11th position in population wise.
- Land Area: The total land area of Odisha is 155,820 sq. km. Odisha holds the 9th position as area wise.
- Language: Its Official Language is Oriya (Odia).
- Literacy: Its Literacy Ratio is 73.45%
- City: The Capital city, Bhubaneshwar, is the largest city.
- District: There are 30 districts located in Odisha.
- Connectivity: It is well connected via roadways, railways, and airways. There are also helipads located in different places in the state.
- Dances: The Odishi classical dance form is world famous besides fold dances such as Chhau, Chaiti Ghoda.
- Handicraft: The handicraft of Odisha is world famous. The handicraft items include silver filigree, glass beads, tussar fabric works.
- Places of Interest: Some of the prominent places which make visitor’s interests are Bhubaneswar, Puri, and Konark.
- Festivals: World Famous “Chariot Festival” or “Car Festival” or “Ratha Yatra” is celebrated in a large way.
- Religion: Around 94% of the people in Odisha practice Hinduism. The other religions are Islam, Christianity, Jainism.
See our other maps