Saturday, 23rd June 2018
23 June 2018
Michelle Obama’s Dress Collection
- At Princeton, Michelle majored in sociology. She got her law degree from Harvard.
- She worked for Chicago’s Mayor Daley in the city’s office of planning and development.
- She uses a webcam to stay in touch with Barack while separated.
- She cooks shrimp linguini – her husband’s favorite meal.
- Michelle wrote her own stump speech during the campaign and delivered it without notes.
- Michelle made Barack promise to quit smoking if he stood for president.
- She plans not to have any more children.
- She graduated from high school second in her year.
- She cut back from her six-figure salary with the University of Chicago hospital system to help her husband with his campaign.
- Michelle makes Barack do the dishes.
- As vice president of community and external affairs at the University of Chicago Medical Centre, Michelle supervised a five hundred per cent increase of volunteerism in the hospital.
- She was on the board of six major organizations, including the prestigious Chicago Council on Global Affairs, the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools and Tree House Foods; and Vice President, Community, and External Affairs at the University of Chicago Hospitals.
- She routinely drew audiences of 1,000-plus supporters, even when she was campaigning on her own, on the trail
- Her inauguration dress was designed by the Cuban-American designer, Isabel Toledo. Her green gloves were J Crew and her shoes by Jimmy Choo.
- After her husband’s election to the US Senate, Michelle decided to stay in Chicago with their daughters instead of relocating to Washington, DC.
- Her great-great-grandfather, Jim Robinson, was a slave in South Carolina before the Civil War.
- Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush, and Michelle Obama are the only First Ladies to receive master’s degrees.
- Less than 24 hours after the inaugural balls, replicas of Mrs. Obama’s dress were being drawn up – they will be available for sale within weeks, ranging in price from $99 to $400.
- At 5 ft 11ins, she is tied with Eleanor Roosevelt for tallest First Lady.
- Her secret service codename is “Renaissance”.
- She has committed each episode of The Brady Bunch to memory.